8/29/2008

Enhanced Maps

When we see maps in episodes of the show, they are often shot to strange angles that make difficult the riproduction of the maps.
Luckily I found a software that, even though wasn't created for this aim, is very useful in such cases.
Here are some of the maps I managed to enhance, namely Ben's Radio Tower map, Daniel's Tempest map, Ben's Temple map and Horace's Cabin map.
If you need any map to enhance, just tell me and I'll try to provide you with the maps you need.



I added some coastlines to this map using a couple of screencaps from the end of the episode 408 (roughly at time 39:34). If someone can provide me with HD screencaps, I could make something better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Q.
Love the maps. Do you think you could do a recreation of the map Nikki used to figure out where her luggage landed?

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5139/arztmapdd7.png

Not sure when you will get this MSG, but I'm in no rush :)

Brian.

Quasark said...

Hi Brian.

Thank you for that screenshot! I've always been curious about that map; I actually never saw that one in such details.
Your screenshot seems the best we could ever get of that map, so thank you very much for your efforts!

I tried to enhance that image but, unfortunately, the results are not as good as I expected at first.
I will post the results as soon as I can in this section of the site.

In the meantime, if you want to, you can check my updated map on the Home Page of the site. I hope to update it more as Season 5 goes on.

Thanks again for the map! Bye.

Q.